Friday, May 6, 2016

Vikings SM Megamall - Eat like a Viking

Haven't tried eating at Vikings yet? Don't miss it, This restaurant is one of the best buffet in the Philippines that you must experience. The restaurant has a lot of food to choose from: Filipino, Italian, Japanese food and more, it has an international cuisines choices and everything is a must to taste and I promise, you will not regret eating at Vikings.

Before you go to this awesome buffet restaurant, you must first reserve a seat to prevent the hassle in falling in line. Vikings is usually fully booked especially during dinner and weekends. If you will eat as a walk in customer, you need to get a number and wait if there still seats available but sometimes, you have to wait for long minutes especially if you get a number late. Reservation here is easy, just visit their website to reserve online and one of their staff will also text you personally to confirm the reservation you made on their website.

Vikings restaurant has 10 branches as per their website but this blog will show pictures of the Mega Mall branch. I went here for my birthday and they have a promo that treats birthday celebrants for free but you must accompanied at least 1 full paying adult.

Vikings is undeniably one of the best buffet restaurants that I have experienced. I've been here for many times but as always, the first thing that I eat is of course, the expensive ones. That is what I usually do when eating on a buffet, eat first the most expensive food that they offer.

Angus beef, Leg or Lamb and Stuffed Turkey. Those food are very expensive per order on other restaurants.

After tasting this Three food, I can say that what we pay for is already worth it. Imagine, this menu cost thousands if you will eat it on some restaurants. After this, I tried their "Binusog na lechon" and I tell you, it is super crunchy and the rice is so tasty.

It is called "Binusog na Lechon" because it's body is full of rice. It is very crunchy because it only has the Lechon's skin and few meat. This lechon is so in demand because filipinos love this food.

I am already full because of the lechon and I decided to check the drink section first to prepare for my next round. They have a lot of choices to drink that took me few minutes to get one. LOL.

Vikings choice of juice drinks.

Have some tea after eating a lot! Pure peppermint is the best for me!

Soft drinks and Milo shake. I don't suggest it for buffet though, those drinks will make you feel full.

Ask their bartender to prepare some fruit shakes for you. Those 2 flavours is a must try! They are so good and refreshing!

Choosing what to drink was really a challenge because I want to taste everything but I'm afraid that my tummy will react bad. They also offer unlimited beer and coffee. After resting for a while, I proceed to the grilling station to get some fish. In this station, you will get what you want and they will grill it for you. They have shrimp, fish, tahong and some porks. Grilling usually takes time for them, they will deliver your order to your table after.

Uncooked food choices for grilling.

Beside the grilling station is the oysters seafood. This is must try but make sure your stomach is not empty.

While waiting for my food that I asked the waiters to grill, I decided to roam around first and check their other menus. I hope that I can eat all that I see but unfortunately, I am somehow full because of the lechon that I ate. If you're going to a buffet, make sure to eat a little on every food so you can taste everything you want.

Nothing beats Filipino food! Vikings kare - kare is so good!

This is the Japanese food station. The tray has a lot of sushi in line but it is almost empty in this picture because it was definitely delicious!

Make your own Tepanyaki. I wasn't able to try this though.

You love shabu shabu? Make your own beside the carving station.

Italian Pasta choices. I really want to taste them all but I only get the pasta bolognese. 

Make your own pizza in this station. They don't have a mozzarella cheese though but their ready to eat 
4 cheese pizza is very recommendable for everyone to try.

Lovely bread arrangements. I'm wondering if people can get the vikings head bread.

Chinese noodles. They have a big bowl for every order, avoid this if you can't consume all.

This food is great for appetizer, I guess?

This is the Chinese food station. Different kinds of Siomai and Siopao is here.

Vikings still have some buffet line menu that I don't have a picture. I can say that due to a lot of choices, you cannot try everything in one visit. After eating some foods that I ordered and get on my second round, I am so full and decided to try the most amazing part of every dining, the dessert!

I am so speechless on their dessert station, It makes me want to go back some other day and just eat their dessert. Here are some of their sweet offerings that will make you speechless as well.

Donuts, Cookies and Brownies. Very sweet.

Pandan Cake. The icing is very tasty!

Chocolate cake slices, the cherry is a perfect combination.

Cold Desserts!

Blueberry cheesecake and ube pandan

You will surely not miss this refrigerator. 

Have some Ice cream! Scoop all you can.

Filipinos will love this halo halo station.

Chocolate and Milk fondue. Perfect with marshmallows and some fruits.

Get some gummy candies. Kids will definitely love this!

Toppings for the crepe and frozen yogurt.

Eating sweets is so overwhelming especially here at the Vikings. You will not be disappointed on their desserts because everything are very delicious and pleasing to the eyes because of the presentation. After trying some desserts, get some fruits too to cool down your full stomach.

Fruit choices.

If you will celebrate your birthday in this restaurant, they will not just treat you for a free buffet, they will also give you a birthday cake. Very sweet and thoughtful Vikings. 

Cute Vikings cake. It will be delivered to your table. You can bring it home too!

Wait, their hospitable team of waiters and servers will also offer you a dance for your birthday while singing the tune of Happy Birthday to you! Very good choreography you must see! haha.

Dancing waiters, cooks and servers for birthday celebrants.

I know this blog will make you decide to eat at the Vikings. Trying this sumptuous buffet restaurant is a must and really worth it. It is a guaranteed 100% dining satisfaction, believe me.

Vikings rates depend on the branch, but here's the rate for SM Mega Mall:
  • Weekday Lunch: P 738.00 (Adult)
  • Weekday Dinner: P 938.00 (Adult)
  • Weekends Lunch / Dinner: P 938.00 (Adult)
Lunch is from 11:00AM to 2:30PM and dinner is from 5:00PM to 9:00PM

You will add 5% for the service charge. Their service is really excellent and 5% additional is not bad.
They also offer some promos and I suggest you to follow them on their Facebook page for updates on their promos.

Experience The Vikings and eat like a Viking! 


Vikings SM Megamall:
4th Floor, Mega Fashion Hall, Bldg. D, Julia Vargas cor. EDSA, Mandaluyong City.
Landline Numbers: 656-3888, 656-4888, 656-5888
Cellphone Numbers: 0917-824-1888, 0919-999-1888

Please like my Facebook Page and let's get connected!
BIYAHERO SOMBRERO TRAVEL AND ADVENTURES



1 comment:

  1. when is a buffet not a buffet when you have to pay for leftovers trend in these so-called buffet restaurants is when they ask you pay for left overs its no longer a buffet its just another overpriced restaurant trying to cash in the excalibur hotel on vegas is a true buffet restaurant no questions asked a buffet is not a buffet when you pay an entree charge for left overs kapish

    ReplyDelete